The patch 7.33 has made illusion based heroes like Phantom Lancer one of the strongest carries in the game. Pub players have struggled with winning when PL is on the opposite team. And with the map now enlarged PLs can simply go into the jungle to farm when towers are pushed.
So more than simply gameplay, here is a list of 3 heroes you can pick once you see the phantom menace appear!
Sven is a great counter to Phantom Lancer because of his high damage output and ability to clear illusions quickly. His ultimate, God’s Strength, gives him a massive attack speed and damage boost, which makes him very effective at taking down Phantom Lancer’s illusions. Sven can also build items like Mjollnir and Battlefury to help him clear illusions even faster.
Luna is another great counter to Phantom Lancer because of her high damage output and ability to deal splash damage. Her Lucent Beam ability deals damage to all enemies in a line, which makes it very effective at clearing illusions. Luna can also build items like Mjollnir and Daedalus to help her deal even more damage.
3. Outworld Devourer
Outworld Devourer is a great counter to Phantom Lancer because of his ability to deal large amounts of magical damage. His Arcane Orb ability deals pure damage, which means it ignores Phantom Lancer’s evasion. Outworld Devourer can also build items like Shiva’s Guard and Eul’s Scepter of Divinity to help him deal even more damage and control Phantom Lancer.
In addition to these heroes, there are a number of other items that can be used to counter Phantom Lancer. Some of the most effective items include:
- Mjollnir: The chain lightning effect from Mjollnir can quickly clear out Phantom Lancer’s illusions.
- Battlefury: The cleave damage from Battlefury can also be helpful for clearing out illusions.
- Shiva’s Guard: The passive aura from Shiva’s Guard reduces attack speed and regeneration, which can make it difficult for Phantom Lancer to deal damage.
- Eul’s Scepter of Divinity: Eul’s Scepter of Divinity can be used to disable Phantom Lancer and prevent him from using his abilities.
- Nullifier: Nullifier reveals the real Phantom Lancer and prevents him from using his abilities.
By using these heroes and items, you can significantly increase your chances of winning against Phantom Lancer.